Childrens Electric Toy Car Assembly Guide
If you are reading this guide, you have likely just purchased your ride on car from us or another company. If this is the case you’ve come to the right place. We should be able to get you up and running in no time at all.
This is a generic guide and is only for informational guidance. Where possible, always follow the instructions your toy came with.
Have you got everything in the box?
Ideally, once you receive delivery of your new toy this should be checked to ensure all of the items are in the box and that there is no damage. Often times, parents try to build their toys a few days before the big day which doesn’t leave them enough time to send for replacements of items that are missing.
- As soon as you receive delivery, open the box and check that all of the contents needed are there. You should be able to check what is needed by reading the instruction booklet the toy came with.
- Check all panels of the toy for evidence of damage. This way, if there is any damage you have time to call the company and request replacements.
- If any item is damaged, take a picture of the damaged part as soon as you become aware and email the company to let them know (where possible) to capture the image from as many positions as possible.
- If you have items that are missing. Get in touch with the company immediately by email and let them know the part you are missing.
- It can take anything up to 2 weeks for an item to be collected checked and then a new item delivered. That’s why it is always good to check the box and its contents as soon as you receive it.
Note: Most items have been checked before leaving the depot and damage is likely to occur once the couriers have taken delivery. It is the moving and reallocation of boxes where most of the damage occurs.
How long does it take to assemble the car?
Most of the cars we sell at RiiRoo are pretty straight forward to assemble. However, the batteries, wheels, seats, and steering wheel, roll bars, windscreens, wheels are likely to need assembling. Based on this fact, the cars will take approx 2 hours to assemble.
- When you are ready to assemble your toy. Give yourself enough space to lay out all of the content of the box on the floor or on a large table. That way you can see what you have and it gives you easy access to locate the item you need.
- Follow the instructions in the booklet to the letter. Where possible, RiiRoo has produced a series of assembly videos for our most popular toys. Check it out here.
- If you are assembling a car, ensure all of the pins are there. Without them, you won’t be able to attach them to the axel.
Steering Wheel & Column
One of the most common problems is attaching the steering wheel to a ride on car.
Ensure the steering column is lined up and pushed all the way through before connecting the wires. Otherwise, the wires will snap if the wheel is not aligned properly.
Steering Motor Problems
Here is a quick video showing you how to fix a common steering wheel motor problem.
If you are still unsure about connecting the terminals after watching this video, then please get in touch so that one of our onsite engineers can help you.
Fixing A Loose Ride On Car Door Latch
- Begin by removing the screws holding the door card to the door (not all screws need to be removed).
- Locate the spring that has fallen in the door.
- Compress spring back onto the latch mechanism.
- Replace the screws holding the door card to the door.
How Do I Charge My Ride On Toy?
First things first. Always use the charger the toy came with and don’t use one that didn’t. The chargers have been produced specifically for this toy and are designed to charge with the correct voltage.
In most cases, if you have purchased an electric kids toy, the battery will be shipped disconnected. This is to ensure safety in transit. For that reason, the wire and terminals will need to be connected.
Note: Only match the right coloured wires together (i.e. red to red and black to black).
Once you have received your item, please make sure that the item is fully charged for the recommended amount of hours stated on the manual before its first use. We also suggest giving the item a full charge after each use.
If the item is not being used for a long period or is being put away, we advise you to charge it every three weeks (even if it was fully charged before it was put away) or disconnect the battery as this could damage the battery. The battery is not under warranty.
If you are unsure of anything written here, please refer back to the instructions in the leaflet that was provided with the toy.
How long does it take to charge a toy/toy car?
As you can appreciate, there is a variety of different ride toys/cars available and each one varies regarding the charging times. Before you do anything, always check the pamphlet, instructions or manual before charging your new toy. We can give you generic instructions in this article, however, the instructions the toy came with will be most accurate.
It all depends on the type of battery and the size of the voltage. The first time charge is the most important one and must be done correctly, otherwise, you could potentially damage the battery.
Ride On Toy Charging Time Summary:
- 6v Powered Toys: Initial charge 10 hours. Regular charge approximately 6 hours.
- 12v Powered Toys: Initial charge 18 hours. Regular charge approximately 12 hours.
- 24v Powered Toys: Initial charge 18 hours. Regular charge approximately 18 hours.
My toy isn’t switching on?
Check the battery terminals are connected properly and are a tight fit. Loose terminal connections are a major problems with toys not turning on.
The remote control won’t pair. What can I do?
One of the most frequently asked questions we get here at RiiRoo is, "how do you pair the parental remotes to the cars?"
The parental remotes are a great feature with all RiiRoo ride on cars as they allow the car control to be overridden at any time.
Here at RiiRoo we currently have 7 variants of parental remote controls that are supplied with our ride-on cars and that are available for purchase separately from our website.
They all pair in a very similar way, however not all controllers are cross-compatible with other cars. For this reason, we have named the remotes to enable you to identify which model you have.
If you are unsure, then go to our spares section where you will be able to determine what model you have.
For any additional questions you needs answers to, please check out our https://help.riiroo.com/knowledgebase/.