We aim to make the entire warranty process clear, concise and as efficient as we can make it. If you would like to arrange a return under warranty or you are unsure if your product is covered under our warranty terms, please contact our customer service team at email@example.com where they will endeavour to quickly resolve your issue/s. They do this by asking a few questions to determine eligibility as well as the difficulty in repair.
Most warranty claims are resolved by sending parts out, however, some do require that you send your item back to us for repair. Please refer to our returns & refunds page for more details on the procedure we employ for returns and repairs. *It is important to stress that our warranty on its outset covers parts & labour, where we first attempt to resolve the fault by sending parts out and if unsuccessful we will then arrange a return for repair depending on the circumstances your location.
Our warranty kicks in 14 days after the date of purchase and generally covers manufacturing defects for 12 Months.
The warranty excludes parts which are classed as consumables as well as faults which are caused by misuse.
The following is a shortlist of parts which are excluded from our standard warranty terms but not limited to:
- Wheels & Tires.
- Materials including seats and handlebars.
- Lights & Bulbs.
- USB Ports & Aux-In Ports.
Here is a list of parts which are covered under the standard warranty terms:
- Parental Remote Controls.
- Speed Controllers/Motherboards.
To make things simple, here is a list of product categories, along with their warranty timeframes.
12-Month Manufacturer Defect Warranty
- Parental Remotes
30 Day Manufacturer Defect Warranty
- Wheels & Tires
- Materials including seats and handlebars
- Lights & Bulbs
- USB Ports & Aux-In Ports
30 Days Manufacturer Defect Warranty.
Scooters, Trikes, Pedal Go Karts & Other Human Powered Products.
12-Month Manufacturer Defect Warranty applies to the frame only and excludes misuse.
30 Day Manufacturer Defect Warranty applies to all other parts of the above category of products.
It is important to stress that our warranty terms do not cover misuse, incorrect assembly, deliberate damage or any other issue which is not classified as a manufacturing defect.
Example 1: Ride-On’s which have been stored in cold and damp environments lead to catastrophic electrical damage therefore the standard warranty terms do not apply.
Example 2: Ride-On’s which have been used over the specified weight limit cause irreversible damage to the motors as well as the speed controller/motherboards therefore the standard warranty terms do not apply.
General exclusions (what is NOT covered)
- Wear and tear
- Damage caused by impact, fire, theft, attempted theft, accidental or malicious damage, vandalism, acts of war or terrorism, corrosion, water contamination or ingress, frost, flooding or other adverse weather conditions
- Improper usage, storage or handling of the product
- A breach of the terms and conditions of this warranty or the contract terms
- Failure to follow our written instructions for the product, or those of the manufacturer
- Damage or defect due to wilful neglect or negligence by anyone other than us
- Loss of quality, degradation of performance or actual damage that results from the use of spare parts or other replaceable items (such as consumables) that are neither made nor recommended by the manufacturer
- Modification to the product and/or software, by someone other than our representatives
- Connection of other fittings, accessories, equipment or software to the product which were not approved by us
- External causes out of our control which may include accidents, fire disasters or burglaries
- Faults caused by shock or fall, sand, dust, dirt, dampness or corrosion, leaky batteries, repair or cleaning by unauthorised personnel
- Any malfunctions or specific requirements of any other item of hardware or software which you added to the product that was not included in the contract
- Correction of errors for any non-RiiRoo™ or original manufacturer proprietary parts/accessories or software.
- Loss or damage of data
- Incorrect assembly
- The warranty is valid from the date of dispatch until the end of 1 year.
- If the product comes with a warranty card, you must keep this warranty card in a safe place. The warranty card must be presented in order to make a claim.
- It is in your best interest to make a note of your product's item number and this should be quoted in any communication with RiiRoo™.
- You must obtain an authorisation for repair from us first. The choice of repair is subject to RiiRoo™ authorisation, and we may choose to specify a particular service centre.
- Do not return your product to RiiRoo™ without first obtaining a return authorisation form. RiiRoo™ will not accept any liability, nor pay any compensation for the loss of a particular item. You will also be responsible for the cost of return postage.
- RiiRoo™ warrants it's products (excluding accessories, software, consumables such as, but not limited to, batteries, ink sheets, paper and other consumables as defined by us) to be in good working order during the period of warranty. The period of warranty is the period stated above and commences on the day of dispatch. In the event that the product is not in good working condition, RiiRoo™ will provide, during the warranty period, a free service. The warranty is subject to proof of purchase; therefore you should retain your payment receipt (Invoices can be downloaded from your account area).
- We may choose to replace your product if the cost of repair is not economical. In the case of the product no longer being available, we may choose to replace it with a similar product of the same or greater value. These values are determined by what the values are at the time of replacement.
- You will be responsible for the cost of having the product checked/repaired if the fault of the product is not covered by this warranty.
- RiiRoo™ only obligation under this warranty is the provision of the service as set out above.
- You should take all reasonable precautions to safeguard your assets and property and to minimise potential loss or disruption, including, where appropriate, inspecting the product/s in regular basis.
- The warranty is not transferable to a third party.
- Return postage costs are to be covered by the buyer.
We have been hard at work in creating materials which will help educate in the maintenance as well as the use of these products, if we are lacking in something which you think we should cover, we encourage you to get in touch with us and let us know what we can do better.
Regular maintenance along with correct use will make these products last for years in the family so please make sure you follow our guidelines where possible so we can make this a reality and make sure future generations get as much use out of these incredible products as possible.
We aim to make most parts available to purchase online so even if something does go wrong, we aim to get you up and running as quickly as possible. We aim to do this for two reasons;
- We don’t want our products to end up in a landfill
- We don’t want to lose your respect. What would you think of us if you spend £150 on a ride-on and 2 years down the line you have no option but to bin it because you can’t find the parts required to put it right? You wouldn’t think much of us, that what. So we need your help to make this a reality and we endeavour to do our utmost to simplify the process as well as make the parts available online.
If currently, you find yourself in the above position, please get in touch with our customer service team and explain where the issues are and what parts are required to put it right.
We will then aim to either import those parts or point you in the right direction to obtain them. Please make sure you provide our team with as much information as possible (photographs of parts are encouraged) so we avoid back and forths ;).
If there are any questions which we have not covered here or you are unsure on anything we have mentioned above, please get in touch with us! :)