20 Back To School Tips For Kids & Parents in 2023
Unfortunately, summer has to end at some point and back to school session begins. For most, it’s really hard to get back into the swing of things.
Hopefully, this handy little sheet will give you a few ideas to ease your kid's transition back to school and keeping them organised.
1. Get a school supply list - No doubt your kids will need books, stationery. Get this list and start buying these things a few weeks before their first day.
2. Take stock - Have a look at last year’s school inventory before rushing out to buy more.
3. Involve them - Get them involved in buying their own school supplies, books, and even technology.
4. Reset schedules - Yep, this will be a hard one. However, resetting their sleep schedule two weeks before their first day makes the transition so much smoother.
5. Get into “scholar mode”- by visiting museums and cultural attractions. This will kick start their brain cells for learning.
6. Get Them Reading - Encourage them to read a book before they return back to school.
Did you want to download this list to save for later?
7. Screen Refresh - Now’s the time to reset those rules about how much time they can sit in front of a screen.
8. Family Time - reestablish some form of family time before they go to bed or during dinner time.
9. Use An Egg Timer - Kids find it hard to concentrate these days. Time them for set periods so they find it easier to focus before school starts.
10. Rebuild Existing Ties - Encourage them to socialise with their playmates to they can rebuild those social ties.
11. Re-Label And Repurpose - If you have any empty jars or tubs, try repurposing them for your kid’s school supplies.
12. Troubleshoot Any Issues - Either look at last year’s school report or touch base with their teachers early on to sort any issues before their first day.
13. Let’s Get Organised - Encourage your kids to lay out their clothes the night before. This will save a lot of stress the next morning.
14. Pack School Bags - Similar to the last point. Get them to pack and organise their rucksacks and bags the night before.
15. Pack Their Lunch - If your kids take a packed lunch to school. Keep organised by packing them the night before. It’ll be a lot less stressful in the morning.
16. Bulk Buy Snacks - Talking of packed lunches, buy their snacks in bulk and store them away for safekeeping. You’ll save a ton and makes it easy for budgeting.
17. Get Menus In Advance - Try to get school menus in advance. This will allow you to go over the choices before school starts.
18. Recycle Outgrown Items - Any clothing, toys or stationery can either be donated or recycled before they start a new school year. Keeps your home nice and organised.
19. Emergency Allowance - Hopefully they won’t need it. However, it’s always a good idea to keep an emergency allowance in their bags. Just in case.
20. Bonus - Take a breath - You’ve earned it :)
With any luck, this list should help you prepare both your household and your kids for a new term at school.
Not only do these tips help you to keep organised. They should also reduce your stress levels so that everyone is excited and full of energy for the new term :)
Feel free to download this to keep
Right Click & "Save As"
Leave a comment